Andrew's Wanderings on the Trail of Life

... the view from my vistas

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Following Christ Reflections

Over new years I had the pleasure of attending Following Christ 2008, InterVarsitys graduate and faculty ministries Urbana(esque) conference. The theme of the conference was human foureshing, a topic that has gained my attention in a very strong way lately. NT Wright walked us through a significant portion of Collisions. Wright is as brilliant a speaker as he is a writer.

I was part of a track “God's Green Kingdom” that discussed the Christian earthkeeping imperative. The discussion was somewhat familiar. Perhaps this is because one of the people leading it was one of my favorite authors on the subject, Steven Bouma-Prediger, who wrote For the Beauty of the Earth. On the whole, my hope of getting to network with people who are of a similar mind on the issue was brilliantly achived. My personal highlight was a lunch with Scott Sabin, director of Floresta. Floresta is a Christian development organization that works to combat poverty by combating deforestation and deforestation by combatting poverty. We talked about the potential for me to develop a PhD that would allow me to work alongside/within that organization. I hope such a thing develops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home